Mechanical engineering is a discipline of engineering that applies the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanicalsystems. It is the branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, production, and operation of machines and tools. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines.
The engineering field requires an understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, and structural analysis. Mechanical engineers use these core principles along with tools like computer-aided engineering and product lifecycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices and more.
Mechanical engineering emerged as a field during the industrial revolution in Europe in the 18th century; however, its development can be traced back several thousand years around the world. Mechanical engineering science emerged in the 19th century as a result of developments in the field of physics. The field has continually evolved to incorporate advancements in technology, and mechanical engineers today are pursuing developments in such fields as composites, mechatronics, and nanotechnology. Mechanical engineering overlaps with aerospace engineering, building services engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, petroleum engineering, and chemical engineering to varying amounts.
1. Our aim is to achieve 100% placement of students during the year 2012-2013.
2. We aim to get 90% academic performance in II and III year.
3. We have planned to conduct 3 association programs during this academic year.
4. To provide practical exposure to the students through modern laboratories.
• To encourage the students to participate in various co and extra curricular activities.
• To encourage the students to take up industrial projects.
• To conduct FDP for faculty members.
• To improve teaching-learning process.
• To encourage faculty to take up post graduation.
• We proposed to arrange one industrial visit and one implant training.
• To conduct a state level technical symposium every year.